Q: How can I refer a friend?
You can refer friends via this form. If they don't have a Twitter account, then hang onto the referrals and we'll provide another avenue, soon.
When referring via the form, please get in touch with them and ask them to follow @oneseventwonine so we can DM them with an invitation to apply.
Q: The friend I referred still hasn't gotten an invite. What's up?
Make sure your friend has the following things set up correctly:
- They're following the main 1729 account on Twitter so we can message them.
- They have some amount of Twitter activity or a link in their bio that gives us a sense of who they are and what they're like. If it's just a newly created Twitter handle and we have nothing to go on, then there's no way we can evaluate them.
Q: Are there video or audio recordings of past lectures so that I can get up to speed, or make up a lecture I missed?
We do have all the lectures recorded, and production on them is in-progress. We plan to release them as soon as we're happy with them, and we'll announce in Discord when that happens. In the meantime, you can check the main site for supplementary material from past lectures.
Q: How can I help?
Many of you have correctly observed that the 1729 team has a lot more work than hands, and have kindly offered to pitch in. We have a little further to go in building out some parts of the site before we can take you up on that, so as we unlock those capabilities in different areas we'll be reaching out to the community for help.
Until then, check the #lectures channel for announcements and calls for help, like our recent POAP NFT Art contest.
Q: Why haven't I gotten my POAP yet?
We're trying to issue POAPs via email on the Sunday after a Wednesday lecture, so no need to ping us before then because they may not have gone out. If we move to a rolling release of them — issuing them in batches starting right after the lecture — we'll still plan to have them done before Monday morning, so please don't ask before then.
If it's Monday and you still haven't gotten your POAP, do the following before contacting us:
- Check your SPAM folder and other tabs in Gmail.
- Make sure you haven't given us a @icloud.com account as your contact email, because those aren't accepting our emails right now.
- Make sure you filled out the lecture feedback form. (The POAPs are only issued to attendees who filled out the feedback form.)
If you've check all of the above and you still haven't gotten a POAP by Monday afternoon, then ping us.
Q: Is there a map or other list of members' locations so I can organize a local meetup?
Soon! We have this info, but we can't publish it until we can gate it behind an authorization page in order to preserve members' privacy.